Interior Design Study Abroad
Date: May 9-25, 2018 (Minimester)
Amsterdam, London, Paris
$3,400 (program fee) + $3,861 (tuition for 3 hours) + $100 (administrative fee) + $150 (study abroad fee, $50/credit hour) + airfare
Fee includes: Lodging, All entry fees to class excursions and site visits, on-the ground transportation, Breakfast every day, three group meals, special cultural activities, and special guest lecturers.
Experience first-hand unforgettable examples of Classical & Renaissance architecture & design! This trip will provide restricted access to important country houses and palaces that set standards for various periods of architectural and decorative history. This study abroad course will bring to life iconic art, architecture, and furnishings as we study them in the context in which they were meant to be appreciated.
ID 3313 History of Interiors I (Maximum 18 students)
How do I Sign Up?
- Students are required to submit the application online. Your application will be reviewed by Interior Design faculty for acceptance to the study abroad course. Notifications of approval will be given via email.
- After receipt of approval, students will pay a $800 deposit (Payment method: Check only, made out to Baylor University). These checks should be given to Ann Theriot or Kemper Beard.
- Sophomore ID students will have priority in acceptance, but all students are encouraged to apply! We anticipate having several spots available for Freshman students.
: January 30th ($1300)
: March 2nd ($1300)
Applicants who cancel before December 31, 2017 will receive $500 of the deposit back. Applicants who cancel between January 1st and March 1st, 2018 will receive all but $300 of the initial deposit back. Applicants who cancel after March 2nd, 2018 will not receive any of the initial deposit back and other payments will be determined on a case-by-case basis as withdrawal from the program at this point impacts the overall expenses for all other participants.
Scholarships are available through a variety of sources, which you are encouraged to research and pursue. A few sources to check out are:
- Baylor’s CGE office
- CIEE, our trip provider (https://www.ciee.org/go-abroad/college-study-abroad/scholarships-grants)
- Other study abroad scholarships are often available through Interior Design professional organizations, such as: ASID, IIDA, and NEWH. Have a look soon and see what opportunities you may find!We will update you on details pertaining to Baylor FCS departmental scholarships as they become available.
We will update you on details pertaining to Baylor FCS departmental scholarships as they become available.
Professor Ann Theriot