Where: London, United Kingdom
Travel Dates: Fall Semester - November-December
Cost: Basic cost - $5,200*
Deadline to apply: March
(*Plus Baylor University tuition as an enrolled student. Additional participant travel expenses will apply. See program directors for details)
TED 4399 seminar
Travel to Kingston-upon-Thames, England (a borough in the greater London area) where you will spend four weeks engaged in the continuation of your teaching internship as you participate in small and large group teaching under the supervision of educators in Kingston-Upon-Thames elementary, middle, and secondary schools. Your professional and academic development will include field-based teaching, comparative education seminars, dialogue with educators, and numerous cultural education encounters and exchanges. In addition to experiencing the English schools, you are only twenty minutes by train from central London where you can fully immerse in the London Experience as you visit some of the world’s finest museums, famous art galleries, legendary historic sites, renowned theatre and concert venues. For those wishing to travel within the United Kingdom, outside of London, and throughout Europe you are but a short train or plane journey away from all that Europe has to offer.
What is required to have the Interns in England experience?
• Interviews for program applicants will take place during February-March 2016. Schedule an interview with Dr. Purdum-Cassidy or Dr. Talbert after the February Recruitment/Orientation session.
• After notification of acceptance in the IIE program, complete the online Bears Abroad application for the Interns in England program (https://bearsabroad.baylor.edu/). March 7, 2016 Deadline for applications.
• DEPOSIT - $3,000.00 DUE March 7 , 2016 (Checks payable to Baylor University – Interns in England. You may give the checks to Dr. Tony L. Talbert or Ms. Lisa Edwards – Burleson 200)
• Register for TED 4399.01 – Interns in England seminar* Candidates must meet all requirements for the intern year.
• Attend all TED 4399 seminar sessions and successful complete the required course assignments and evaluations associated with the seminar. Seminars meet on Wednesdays from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. August-December 2016 (fall semester). Present a program highlighting the experience to faculty and candidates in the SOE in Spring 2017.
• Special Note: Candidates are required to have an international phone during the travel dates. All document requirements and payment deadlines are strictly enforced.
• *Special Note: The basic cost of $5,200.00 is subject to change based on increase or decrease in travel, lodging, and associated program fees. All non-program related travel and expenses are not included in the basic cost of the IIE program (e.g., student meals, personal travel, personal purchases, etc).
• **Special Note: The tuition paid during the fall semester will be used in part to fund the Interns in England Experience. All interns will pay the same tuition amount no matter how many hours they are registered for during the semester.
• ***Special Note: Airfare is paid from the initial $3,000.00 deposit. Once airline tickets are purchased the cost of the airfare cannot be reimbursed. Should you decide not to participate in the program after the purchase of the airline ticket you will be responsible for all transfer fees and other fees associated with changing the airline ticket.
Dr. Tony L. Talbert
Dr. Barbara Purdum Cassidy
MMSCI Suite 223
Check out our Facebook page for updates and information.
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Fall||2017||09/01/2017 **||Rolling Admission||11/08/2017||12/09/2017|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Students will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.